Las Vegas Catastrophic Personal Injuries
Crossing other than at crosswalk. NRS 484.327
Except as provided in NRS 484.328:
1. Every pedestrian crossing a highway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right of way to all vehicles upon the highway.
2. Any pedestrian crossing a highway at a point where a pedestrian tunnel or overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided shall yield the right of way to all vehicles upon the
3. Between adjacent intersections at which official traffic-control devices are in operation pedestrians shall not cross at any place except in a marked crosswalk.
4. A pedestrian shall not cross an intersection diagonally unless authorized by official traffic-control devices.
5. When authorized to cross diagonally, pedestrians shall cross only in accordance with the official traffic-control devices pertaining to such crossing movements.
This Nevada Statute sets forth the law applicable to pedestrians crossing at any point other than within a marked crosswalk. The violation of this statute by a pedestrian can result in the inability of the pedestrian to recover for any injuries he or she sustains with a motor vehicle. A violation of this statute may be deemed by the court to constitute “negligence per se”.
At Sam Harding Law Firm, we understand the problems suffered by people who have sustained injuries from negligent drivers.
We know that insurance companies often try to take advantage of unrepresented clients. We work hard for our clients to get them the money they deserve without their having to go to court. We work to get medical bills, lost income and money for pain and suffering. However, should your case require litigation, we are prepared to take your case to court. We are an ABOTA and AV rated Martindale Hubbel law firm.
Sam Harding Law Firm, your Las Vegas, Nevada automobile accident attorney.