Las Vegas Car Accidents Lawyers
Allowed and prohibited U-turns; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone.
1. A U-turn may be made on any road where the turn can be made with safety, except as prohibited by this section and by the provisions of NRS 484.309; and 484.339.
2. If an official traffic-control device indicates that a U-turn is prohibited, the driver shall obey the directions of the device.
3. The driver of a vehicle shall not make a U-turn in a business district, except at an intersection or on a divided highway where an appropriate opening or crossing place exists.
4. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, local authorities and the Department of Transportation may prohibit U-turns at any location within their respective jurisdictions.
5. A person who violates any provision of this section may be subject to the additional penalty set forth in NRS 484.3667.
This Nevada statute sets forth the law relative to when you can make a U-turn. A driver who violates this statute may be deemed by the court to have committed “negligence per se”.
At Sam Harding Law Firm, we understand the problems suffered by people who have sustained injuries from negligent drivers.
We know that insurance companies often try to take advantage of unrepresented clients. We work hard for our clients to get them the money they deserve without their having to go to court. We work to get medical bills, lost income and money for pain and suffering. However, should your case require litigation, we are prepared to take your case to court. We are an ABOTA and AV rated Martindale Hubbel law firm.
Sam Harding Law Firm, your Las Vegas, Nevada automobile accident attorney.